Saturday, November 10, 2007

Finding her Size

"I'm NOT a little kid anymore, Mom", says the three and a half year old with such seriousness. "How old ARE you?" "I'm three." "So, three isn't little?" "No, Mommy! Three is Big. Three is a Big Kid. I'm a Big Kid."

*sigh*

To see her running around the soccer field today (okay, the third of a soccer field) with "the little guys like me" she really THOUGHT she was a Big Kid. Her smile was a mile wide walking onto that field with her dad.

Running around, trapping the ball, jumping over balls, dribbling the ball, tagging eachother, diving for the ball (thanks hubby), running FAST!

See, we're a Big Kid when it's convenient. When we want to do something fun. Something adventurous. When we don't want Mommy to help. When all we can think about is "I Can Do It Myself".

She may be small, but Three is Huge.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Don't you know that 3 is the new 15?

Yvette A said...

SO this is what will happen....sounds cute but watch out...lol

I wonder are boys like this too???

Carla said...

Oh yes, it's all Big Kid until they don't *want* to do it themselves. Glad she likes soccer so much!