Monday, December 18, 2006

Looks Like Rain on Sunday

Unless you're the mailman ~ er, postal carrier~, what does it really matter? The weather, that is.

It seems that once you get to be a certain age (not mentioning any names, but the person responsible for bringing me into the world and btw, she'll tell you it was a blizzard that day, a thunderstorm when my sister was born and a bright and sunshiney day the day my brother came into the world, lol) you begin to talk about the weather. A lot. Even when you don't do anything outside. Ever.

It's only Monday, for instance, and tonight she told me, "It looks like it's going to rain on Sunday." After my initial thought (What day is today? Is tomorrow Sunday?), I wanted to blurt out, "Who cares, it's almost seven days away, anything could happen between now and then", but nope, I didn't. I'm not starting any controversy or getting sucked in to any negative conversations whatsoever this holiday season, even if it's *just* about the weather. That's my goal and I'm sticking to it (another whole post in itself). I just sighed and said, "Oh really. That stinks."

We then spent the next five or ten minutes discussing how unseasonably warm it has been for New England and how it's SO NICE to be able to hang clothes on the line in December and maybe, just maybe, our heating bills won't hit the roof this year.... Instead of going into a tirade about global warming, I decided to end the conversation politely, "Talk to you tomorrow; it's supposed to be chilly."

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Just a thought: maybe it isn't infact your mother's age but more a genetic link that somehow skipped you and your sassy new hairdo....apparently, you daughter has been blessed with it (from reading the post prior.)

LOL

annie said...

ROFL! Yeah, that MUST be it!!

Hey, speaking of sassy new hair, aren't you false advertising?