Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Painted Ladies: Part One

We are now the proud owners of five painted lady caterpillars... and if we play our cards right (read: don't kill them) in about three weeks we will have five painted lady butterflies of our very own!

One particular four year old girl was VERY excited (read: screeching over the phone when I called to say I had them with me)! So excited indeed, she even ate dinner staring at them!

Some of the commentary tonight:

Momma, these are the best pets EVER!
Look at his cute little nose! (nose?)
I think that one likes me!
They're all moving! They're all moving!
Let's name them, Momma!
He's looking at me! I think he likes me!
Cute little fellas aren't they, Momma!
That one's not moving so much, maybe we should name him Dead. (scarey)
Are they gonna grow ten times? On TV it says ten times!


It's going to be a fun (and long) three weeks I think.
It does say on the box that they will Grow Bigger Every Day!

Until tomorrow.....

No comments: