Oh, the Tears.
Today was B's last day at preschool as she's starting at a different school in her town next week. She and A have been "best friends" since the Toddler Room, so a good 2 years. Basically, they've known each other for more than half of their little lives! Sometimes on Monday mornings, they'd hug like old friends who've been apart for years. There's even a little blonde girl in one of our favorite bedtime stories that resembles her and whenever we read it, we say "Goodnight, B!!!"
So, when I picked up A after school this afternoon, there was an envelope in her file. I opened it in the car and it was a card from B and her Mom saying how much they will miss us and want to keep in touch. I then did something very brave: I told A that today was her friend's last day and that she'd be going to a different school.
Enter big ole crocodile tears. The poor thing just wept, "I want B in myyyyyyyyyyy school." Over and Over she cried.
I cried too, to see my baby hurt.
I told her I was sorry and that we would most definately keep in touch with her friend for playdates, go to her house, etc. Of course, she wanted to go over there tonight, lol. So I did what almost any other panicked mom would do, I offered her a Happy Meal instead.
We'll miss you, B. Our first real friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment