Do people really survive "three" without going insane?!?
I swear this child is slowly killing me.
She's been three now for four months. I swear I've repeated myself as many times as she's said wailed "I'm Sooooorrrrrrryy Mommy!!!!"
I'm so so sorry. I'll be a good listener. I'm sorry, Mommy. Really, I won't do it again. I won't wet my pants any more ~ this is a new one and it's KILLING me cuz she's been potty trained for 10 months now! I swear she's paying me back for my childhood. My own Mother tells me stories of how I'd wait to the Very Last Possible Second when I needed to go potty in public. I really honestly try not to use my Mean Mommy Voice in Public. But the other day at the grocery store after I asked her 3 times if she had 'to go' (once while we were IN the bathroom and I was going) she started to wet at the check out. Peeved beyond belief, I raced her to the potty. And she stands there and screams, "I don't HAVE TO GO!!! I DIDN'T wet my pants." Yeah, that was a joy. I swear customers and clerks were holding back laughter. After a nice, calm talking to (lol) on the way to the car, and many tears later, it was a very quiet ride home. And the TV Did Not go on when we got home and changed. I really don't know what else to "punish" her with. Are a couple nights (yes there was another incident today) without TV going to make her start using the potty EVERY TIME? I'm really at my wits end. Any advice?? She's such a "I'll DO it MYSELF" kinda kid with everything else and, sometimes potty, but man o man the Mommy/Daughter power struggles are in full swing. AT THREE.
What's UP with the lack of consistency? She's so good for so long and then, whammo, a week like this one!
Maybe it's me? Do I expect too much from this little girl? She's always been ahead of her peers in development and language, maybe I just have high expecations? I KNOW she GETS IT though. It's always when I'm stressed too. Viscious circle, eh?
Sorry to ramble, I gotta get this out somewhere.
Besides potty and listening in general, we are doing great. I'm amazed at the art projects they are doing this year. Some really neat stuff. Last week she brought home a rain stick and a tambourine. And she loves to sing. Belts out kiddie songs I've never heard of. She's got a memory like you would not believe. She brings up people that we haven't seen since last summer. Places that she's been to once in her life. Things that I forgot about. She amazes me every day, that's for sure.
She also has a real silly side and makes me laugh all the time. Funny faces, funny expressions, tickling. Just a regular goofball.
It hurts my heart to think she's gonna grow up. I love her to death.
But for now, I just want to get through Three.
Please.

1 comment:
I sooooo feel your pain... and your love.
Post a Comment