The Vet Visit
What WAS I thinking??
I made a Vet appointment for our 11 year old Shepard-Lab-Husky, Cobi. I made it for Friday afternoon at 5:40. The beginning of the long weekend. Wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that my husband had to work late, so I had to take him in. (I didn't even TRY to get the requested stool sample; he "goes" in the woods and I wasn't about to follow him around, nor did I have time!)
So in the 90 degree heat, I had to pick up A at preschool, speed home, get the dog hoisted into the Escape. Search for his collar and leash; only found the leash, and drive to the vet. Thank goodness it's close by.
Well, try manuevering a 3 year old with tons of energy and a scaredy-cat dog out of the car and into the vet's office.
The VERY CROWDED and Full of Emergency Patients Vet's Office!
Of course, A wanted to meet and pet every animal in the place. We met a very nice man with Sparky, the cat with one eye. The questions began there.... "What happened to his eye, Momma?" "But, WHERE is his eye Momma?" "Is it in the cage?" "Why did the Dr. take it out?". Then we met Pumpkin, the sick kitty who didn't like anyone going near her carrier. Of course 3 year olds are compelled to put their faces up to the cages. We also met a bird with something stuck in her throat and her weepy owner, Tina. We briefly met a large poodle who was in desparate need of a salon visit, and then a little dog that was having trouble walking up stairs.
We waited a full 40 minutes before going back to the exam room. There were a couple of moments where I contemplated leaving. Around the time that A started dancing and singing loudly was just one of them.
But I'm glad we stayed and got it out of the way. It was a great visit; A has been saying lately that she wants to be an Animal Doctor when she grows up, so she was really interested. Of course, interupted Dr. Oswald (who I love!) and I talking about 100 times. She let her play with the stethescope, and give Cobi a snack after his shot.
Dr. Oswald said that Cobi is in amazing shape for 11 years old, so that was well worth the wait!

1 comment:
Glad Cobi got a good report.
ROFL at your post though--I detest taking my human and canine girls to the vet at the same time--same scenario! Glad you survived and hope the AC was cranked in the waiting room!
Post a Comment