56 Years Early?
Did you know that you could have your own "Rosie" now, in 2006?
For those of you too young to remember, the classic cartoon, The Jetsons, was set in 2062, a mere 56 years from now. The mom, Judy Jetson, had an efficient but wise-cracking Robot named Rosie to help her with the household chores.
Really, a Robot that washes your kitchen floors and vaccums your carpets! Now, in 2006. Who knew? iRobot offers several cleaning robots, most notable the Scooba for washing floors and the Roomba for vaccuming carpets. For about $300 a piece, plus a wealth of various add-on maintenance accessories, you could have your own "Rosie" to do your housework for you! But does she do a good job? Does she get close to the baseboards and in those stubborn corners? Does she move furniture and pick up the stray Legos and Little People?
While I must say I'm amazed at the technology (amazed that such products exist, really) I'm also of the mindset that some people will do anything to get out of doing a little physical labor.
And until "Rosie" scrubs toilets, makes lunches and picks up the dry cleaning, I'm not buying!


No comments:
Post a Comment